Technical Account Manager
Location(s): Greater Chicago Area, IL
Measured Search, Inc. is searching for a Technical Account Manager (TAM) that will be responsible for managing multiple client relationships for Measured Search's SaaS and Professional Services group. The Technical Account Manager will serve as the primary point of contact between clients and our fast-growing company. This role will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) of the client’s search infrastructure and business while managing operations focused on the delivery of our managed services & professional services.The TAM role requires a combination of client relations, advisory, operations management and broad conceptual technical skills.
You will be the primary contact during the onboarding process for all technical questions the customer may have. Beyond the technical aspects of our solutions, you will be expected to provide industry, solution, and product best practices to ensure successful adoption.
- Own overall post-sales relationship with all clients in your assigned portfolio. Responsible for customer satisfaction and retention, and identifying opportunities to up-sell or generate referrals.
- Work with account executives in development and closure of new business for existing customers.
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned client and drive continued long-term value of our products and services.
- Stay up to date with the latest Open Source, Search and Cloud Solutions & trends. You should always know more than the customer.
- Work with clients to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their goals.
- Advocate customer needs/issues internally within the company & help product development with features, roadmap, etc.
- Bachelors in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years experience managing external customers, preferably within a Consulting, SaaS “software as a service”, or Information Technology organization
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of and some hands-on experience with the software development lifecycle and deployment best practices.
- Working knowledge of and some hands-on experience with web application frameworks and services (e.g. apache, nginx) and best practices.
- Working knowledge of and some hands-on experience with networking fundamentals (e.g. NAT, DNS) and best practices.
- Prior experience in Customer Success or equivalent history of increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention.
- Comfortable working with everyone from app developers to senior level executives.
- Detail oriented and analytical.
- Strong team player but still a self-starter.
- You’re driven: No one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are.
- Commitment to process and tracking engagements with all clients in your portfolio.
- Some travel required (<10%-20%)
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Work from anywhere you'd like
- Work with a company working with customers to deliver cutting edge solutions on open source & cloud infrastructure.
- Opportunity to work with initial stages of the company without management overhead.
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
If this position sounds like a fit, please apply with your resume and a cover letter, explaining why you’re the right person for the role at firstname.lastname@example.org.