Cloud Platform Engineer
Measured Search is looking for a Software Engineer to work with in our core platform team to build, support and maintain the core components of our search-as-a-service platform and scale it to serve thousands of customers across the world. This entails developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing open source and custom-built software. Initiatives will include security, continuous deployment, configuration management, auto-scaling, containers, application reliability, disaster recovery, cloud management, distributed systems, cluster management.
- You will help drive all application-level aspects of the company’s PaaS operations
- You will build, deploy, analyze, troubleshoot and scale the service wherever and whenever
- You will collaborate closely with founders & engineers and stay current on nascent technologies to make influential recommendations
- Strong command of Python, Bash, and other scripting languages.
- Amazing AWS (or Azure) chops (EC2, EMR, S3, ELB, VPC)
- Experience configuring and maintaining distributed Big Data systems (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Solr, Elasticsearch)
- Database / data-warehouse administration (e.g. MySQL, replication, Redshift, MongoDB, etc.)
- Configuration management / automation tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet)
- Build / release utilities, continuous integration and automated deployments (Git, Jenkins, Nexus)
- Logging / monitoring tools to ensure SLA (e.g. Zabbix, NewRelic, Flume, Logstash)
- Degree in Computer Science and/or Math
- Good communication skills and should be able to interact with other engineers to on-board or provide technical support.
- Strong team player but still a self-starter.
- You’re driven: No one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Work from anywhere you'd like
- Work with a company working with customers to deliver cutting edge solutions on open source & cloud infrastructure.
- Opportunity to work with initial stages of the company without management overhead.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k Matching (if in US)
- Flexible Schedules
If this position sounds like a fit, please apply with your resume and a cover letter, explaining why you’re the right person for the role at firstname.lastname@example.org.