Managed Solr Deployment Support Plans - SearchStax
Measured Search® offers a range of deployments and support plans designed to meet your needs.
SearchStax® has you covered whether you are looking for a light-weight development environment or a production-worthy, high-uptime system for mission-critical applications.
Basic and Standard Deployments
The SearchStax dashboard lets you create two kinds of deployments:
Basic Deployment: (SB) For small systems, development and testing.
- Single Server (additional servers available)
- Single Zookeeper instance
- System and data share a single EBS volume.
- An SB1 (8 GB SSD) deployment devotes 4-5 GB to the system, leaving 3 GB available for data.
- Limited to 100 MB of documents per upload (but multiple uploads are permitted).
- Selection of RAM and SSD sizes (up to 8 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD storage)
Standard Deployment: (SS) For production systems.
- Three servers fronted by a load balancer (additional servers available)
- Zookeeper "ensemble" (three instances)
- Each server uses two EBS volumes: one for system, one for data.
- An SS1 (40 GB SSD) deployment has all 40 GB available for data.
- Not limited to 100 MB per upload.
- Selection of RAM and SSD sizes (up to 68 GB RAM, 700 GB SSD storage)
SearchStax offers Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Platinum Plus support plans.
This is the "free" level of support when you open a SearchStax account.
- Support by email (email@example.com)
- Support of two registered users
- Unlimited number of incidents
- Solr 5.1, 5.4, 5.5, 6.4, 6.6.
The Gold plan is suitable for production environments. It extends SearchStax with:
- Audit logs
- Availability reporting
- Support for custom JARs and plugins
The Gold-level Service License Agreement (SLA) provides Silver-level service plus:
- 99.5% uptime guarantee
- Response within four hours
- Business hours coverage
- Up to four help-desk accounts
- Solr Upgrade Assistance
- Solr 4.x in addition to Silver-level Solr versions.
Platimum support has all the features of Gold, plus:
- 90-day history of monitoring and analytics data
- Initial set up of alerts
The Platinum SLA provides Gold-level service plus:
- 99.95% uptime guarantee
- Response within one hour
- 24x7x365 coverage
- Up to 8 help-desk accounts
- Phone support
Platinum Plus (White Glove)
The Platinum Plus support plan includes the features of the Platinum plan, plus:
- Your own Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Support for Spark/Silk/Hadoop/MongoDB
The Platimum Plus SLA provides Platimum-level service plus:
- 99.999% uptime guarantee
- Unlimited help-desk accounts
- Dedicated Account Manager
Clients who select Gold, Platinum or Platinum Plus levels of support get access to
an Availability Report in the SearchStax dashboard. This is a graph and a summary that
documents response time and downtime so they can be compared with the guarantees of the SLA.
Plan Best Practices
We recommend these best practices when selecting your infrastructure provider and deployment.
Data Storage Needs
How many documents will you be loading into your Solr indexes? Select a plan that includes enough dedicated storage to meet your application's needs. If you anticipate very large storage requirements, talk with us about a custom plan.
For mission-critical applications a Basic deployment will probably not meet your needs. Choose an appropriate Standard plan with its three redundant nodes and its three-node Zookeeper ensemble. If one server fails, the other two keep the system in service with no downtime.
It is a best practice to run your application tier as close as possible to your users. SearchStax offers cloud hosting centers around the world: three in the United States, two in Europe, and one each in India, Singapore, and Australia.
Choose the cloud provider and region that supports your required Solr version. We currently support versions 4.x, 5.1, 5.4, 5.5, 6.4, and 6.6 with support for other versions soon to come.
There is a plan-pricing calculator on our Plans and Pricing web page.
If you need assistance choosing a Deployment or Support plan, we'd like to help. Send us a question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are only too happy to assist you!